Saturday, January 23, 2010

What I do when I do what I do

Thank you to those of you that welcomed me back to the fold with no judgement. Ah hell, thanks to those that welcomed me back WITH judgement. I'll take what I can get.

Since I have no witty weight loss wisdom to spew I thought I'd show you what it is I've been working on today for school. We have a series project in one of my classes. It can be three posters, three ads, three gift cards, a mixture of things. I opted to do a wedding package (invite, rsvp, save the date, etc). I'm not sure just how many pieces mine is going to have...what with me being an over achiever and all, but it only HAS to have three. This is one of the versions of the invite. I have two of my classmates getting married just for shits and giggles.


I've also been working on a group project. I hate group projects. They are designed to see just how long it takes an over achiever to stab a slacker. I am the over achiever and I almost punched the slacker in the neck. He went AWOL for days and hasn't been meeting his deadlines. The whole stupid thing is due on Monday. It's really stressing me out. I some how became the leader of the pack which means most of the pressure is on me to get everyone to give me their stuff. Lesson learned. Let some other ass hat take the lead. Hate. Passionately.

Soooo, that's all I have. Boring, I know...but my life is consumed by fonts, eyeflow, symmetry, hierarchy, and other graphic design related nonsense. OK. OK. I love it desperately, but I'm really ready to be done with the school portion and move on to the work phase of my passion.

3 comments:

Carlos said...

love it! much talent you have...

CJ said...

You'll always be welcomed back. I would hope mostly without judgement as most of us have been in your shoes....over and over again. Love the project....I am always the person put in charge of "group projects" too. It sucks!

Robert Adams said...

Howdy! I completely agree: Group projects really suck most of the time!

To help with mine, I made myself a web app to help keep my group members up to date and in line!

You can try it, it's free! http://www.YakGroups.com

Would love to know what you think! robert at yakgroups dot com