Monday, July 23, 2007

There's gold in them there hills

In this case, gold equals cheesecake and hills equals kitchen. Mmmmm Cheesecake. I won't cave! I musn't cave! I'm going to probably weigh in this afternoon because I can't make my meeting tomorrow. I can't go get on a scale after eating cheesecake for crying out loud.

I'm being confronted by one diet conflict after another. Did George W. just win presidency over my weight loss attempt because it's just one battle after another. It's WAR...but so far I'm winning. My first week back on the WW bus had me battling a cocktail party and a company picnic. The second week offered bagels and cake in the lunch room, brunch and gelato with my sister, and now frickin' cheesecake. What's in store for the third week? Girl's Night Out at a mexican restaurant and a surprise birthday party for my cousin. There's also the possibility of lunch with a potential roommate. Yowza!

Fast forwarding to post meeting weigh in.

I chugged a LOT of water this morning. I was floatin' boats all mornin' long. I decided to go to a 12:15 meeting instead of catching one after work. I thought I sufficiently handled the water issue before driving over, but I had to go again by the time I got there. Alas, I didn't have time. I took my chances and got on that scale anyway. Result? Down 3 more pounds. That's 8 in the last two weeks. Cheesecake be damned!

No comments: