Thursday, September 17, 2009

Make up sex

We've been spending more time together, trying to mend the things that came between us so long ago. Today, though, we had some mind blowing, sweaty, dirty, make up sex. Gym and I, are back together!

Tuesday's workout sucked. I got on the treadmill for my 10 minute warmup and within just a couple minutes my shin splints (or whatever they are) started to hurt. They are the whole reason that I've been keeping it at 10 minutes and then moving on, it's just too painful. I pressed on through the 10 minutes and went to the recumbent bike. I set it for 30 minutes and pussed out after 15. My thighs were tired and my hips ached. I went to the elliptical. The timer wouldn't work. It is at this point that I said effit and jumped off and walked out. I decided that Wednesday would be a day of rest. I paid attention to my body and this is what it told me.

Today I had to make up for it. I got on the treadmill. 10 minutes came and went. Nothing hurt. Same speed and nothing hurt. I pushed it to 20. I rock. I did the treadmill for 30 minutes and probably could have gone longer. I went to the recumbent bike. 20 minutes. I went to the elliptical. 10 minutes. I did 60 minutes of cardio and felt...great! Nothing hurt. I was a sweaty mess, but I wasn't in pain. If only all my workouts could be like that.

I listened to my body and I adjusted. I took the day off yesterday and went to Whole Foods instead to stock up on yummy, healthy goodness. I ate a healthy breakfast before I went and it made all the difference. I'm making good decisions and starting to feel empowered again. I start school on Monday, that is when it will be the hardest. I have to get the two to play well together and so far, I haven't been very good at that. Will. Find. Way. In the meantime, I'll just keep being a dirty girl with Gym.

2 comments:

Fat Daddy said...

Gym is like most men...we like the dirty girls! Way to fight. I ride the recumbent too, but it kills my tail bone.

Carlos said...

way to get back in that shit... love the sweat, be the sweat!